Tuesday, October 6, 2009

iTunes U

I think that iTunes U, or iTunes University, can be useful to me both as a current students and a future teacher. As a student, I can search for a certain topic and there will be multiple resources available to help me learn. I was surprised to find just how many things were available because prior to this class, no one had ever mentioned iTunes U to me. I am going to be taking many science classes, so I clicked on the Science topic tab and found that there were are videos and podcasts available for me to download that cover a variety of concentrations of science. There are have downloadable lectures, called "tracks"that can assist me in studying as well. There are many more subjects and topics available as well, so if I want to learn something new and not necessarily just for school, I certainly can using this program. I have an iPod, so I could download things and view them at any time on my iPod or computer.

iTunes U could also be helpful to me as a teacher in the future. There are podcasts that discuss teaching and some have helpful ideas that I can later use. There are a few episodes, which I liked, that give an overview of blogs in the classroom as well as classroom blog features. There are also episodes that show how to use certain programs such as Microsoft Excel in the classroom. The information on iTunes U is updated, so by using iTunes U, I will be able to keep up-to-date on developing technological tools in the classroom. I am glad to know about iTunes University because it is going to be a useful tool for me as a current student as well as a teacher in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment