Sunday, August 23, 2009

Vicki Davis: Harness Your Students' Digital Smarts reaction

I think that what Vicki Davis is doing with her classroom is excellent! Coming from a rural town in southern Alabama myself, I am amazed at how she has connected her class with the rest of the world. I especially liked what she said about how you don't have to know everything in advance to be a good teacher. I think it is great when people have an attitude that supports a cooperative learning environment. I am going to be a science teacher, which means that as new discoveries are made, I will have to learn with my students. It is just nice to see that she sometimes learns with or from her students, and she has been so successful with that.

The Digiteen project mentioned is such a positive thing for those students. Through that program, they are learning things from people all over the world. They are sharing ideas and working with other students as well as seeing other people's opinions and points of view. I think that when you have a group of students that are able to interact with people from different places that lead such different lives, that makes for a better, more well rounded individual. Also, the Flat Classroom project is a great way to teach students because it is hands on learning. Most students find it easier to learn by practicing, and this allows them to "study and experience" the concepts. Vicki Davis applies technology in her classroom very successfully, and I think her students are more successful because of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment