Saturday, August 22, 2009

About Me

Hi fellow classmates! I am Hannah Cooper. I am currently a Sophomore and will be a Junior in the Spring. I am from Hartford, Alabama, a very small town in the southeast corner of the state. It is not quite 30 miles from Dothan, which some of you may know as the location of the National Peanut Festival. I was the valedictorian of my graduating class in 2007, which consisted of 47 people, and that should tell you just how small Hartford really is. I then attended Enterprise-Ozark Community College in Enterprise, Alabama (about 30 minutes from Hartford) for two years. The University of South Alabama was not my first choice of schools, but it is where my journey led me. My boyfriend of 6 years moved here in May 2008, and I visited every other weekend for a year. South became more and more appealing not only because my heart is in Mobile, but also because Mobile is a beautiful place, and it would give me the opportunity to get out of Hartford for a little while and experience new things and meet new people. I am really enjoying it here so far. I have wanted to be a teacher for as long as I can remember. I used to teach my stuffed animals when I was little. Other ideas have come and gone, but teaching just feels right to me. I love to learn, which is why I chose to teach science. There will always be new discoveries and changes to learn about. I believe that an education is one of the most important things that a person can have, and it is one thing that no one can take away from you.

I have quite a few interests. My biggest interest is in music. I listen to all types of music, and I cannot pick just one favorite artist or genre. I know how to play the flute, though I rarely play anymore, and I can play some things on piano but I am nowhere close mastering it. So for now, I just let the radio or the iPod serenade me. Also, I love to read. My current favorite series of books is the Twilight saga, but Nicholas Sparks' books run a close second with the Harry Potter series not far behind. I really enjoy watching movies. Comedies are my favorite, but I like all types of movies except the scary ones. I like to scrapbook, although I rarely have time, or make time, for it. If I had the money, I would love to travel the world. My father is a radiological technologist/cardiology tech, and he travels all over the country doing contract work for hospitals. I have been to quite a few places to visit him, the farthest being Sacramento, California. My mother and little brother moved to Sacramento (for only six months) to be with him, and my boyfriend and I took the three day road trip with them. The scenery was incredible, and it made me want to go to many other places and see the amazingly beautiful world we live in.

There are a few other things that make me who I am, and everyone who knows me, knows these things. I am not OCD, but I love organization. I like to have a plan most of the time, but I also like spontaneity sometimes. I think Post It notes are one of the greatest inventions, and I have covered my boyfriend's vehicle with them 3 times (that's 350-500 post it notes, in case you were wondering). I like sports, but I love football, especially when Alabama is playing. Roll Tide! I am firm believer in "everything happens for a reason". I think that, with the right attitude and enough will power, anything is possible. There is much more, of course, but these are some of the more important things. I hope I did not put you to sleep. Best wishes to you all as you pursue your degree! And when times get tough remember: "Do not to be afraid of pressure. After all, pressure is what turns lumps of coal into diamonds."

No comments:

Post a Comment