Monday, September 7, 2009

Videocast from past class response

This is a photo of Dr. Strange in the middle of four women all sitting around a long table with a microphone in front of them. Dr. Strange is wearing a green shirt from left to right there is a taller, brown haired woman in a black shirt and jeans, a blonde woman in a blue and beige horizontal striped shirt, a brown headed woman in a black jacket with a red shirt underneath, and a younger woman in a pink shirt. There is a fireplace behind Dr. Strange with a painting above its mantle of a river and a big mossy tree and high windows on either side of that.
After listening to the Technology Literate Teacher video podcast, I see things that will help me make a better video podcast myself. They did several good things that made the videocast good, but there were several things that could have been done differently to make it even better. They were very clear in their speech, which was good. I had no problems understanding their conversations. They were conversational when they talked, which is how videocasts are supposed to be. They stayed on subject for the most part, and that made it easier for me to pay attention. These are things that I will remember when I do a videocast.

There were a few things that I could try to do differently than they did in order to make a good videocast myself. Most of the time, only two women were dominating the conversation instead of all four making comments on the current topic. I think everyone in the group should be prepared to give input on most of the topics. Also, some of them looked very uncomfortable. I know it is understandable to be nervous, but you should become more comfortable and involved in the conversations at some point. These are some things that I can make improvements on in my own video podcast.

To see the Tech Literate Teacher videocast, Click Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment