Monday, November 23, 2009

7 Brilliant Things Teachers Do With Technology and New Classroom Rules

This is an image of a teacher writing on a blackboard under the heading Classroom Rules while a paper airplane is headed in the direction of the blackboard.
The two most important lists, to me, were Doug Johnson's 7 Brilliant Things Teachers Do With Technology and New Classroom Rules by Education Innovation. I picked these because I found them interesting. I liked the praise that Doug Johnson gave in his list. He commended teachers' good use of technology in the classroom, and explained his reasons. The things that he listed were ones that I need to be aware of and use in my own classroom in the future. I enjoyed the New Classroom Rules list because the technology twist on the traditional rules caught my attention and made me think about the future of education and the growing role of technology in, and out, of the classroom.

In Doug Johnson's list of brilliant things teachers do with technology, he listed many things that I need to do in my own future classroom. He said, "Technology is an amplifier of good abilities," which is very true. He also talked about the importance of getting students in touch with the world, which is a major advantage of incorporating technology in the classroom. Doug Johnson had many things to offer in his list of 7 Brilliant Things Teachers Do With Technology. In the New Classroom Rules list, I found several great modern twists to the traditional classroom rules. I noticed that a lot of the rules included a phrase about sharing information and ideas with others, through the use of technology in some way. I thought that this was a great representation of the collaboration that needs to take place more in classrooms today, especially with the technology movement. Teachers need to learn to think with these added phrases to the old rules, for the students' sake. These new rules really triggered my thoughts about the upcoming years and the endless possibilities that lay ahead. Both of these lists were helpful to me, and proved even more that technology is going to play a vital role in the success of students, and therefore, my success as a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment